The Best SLP iPad Apps
Kidmunicate loves to use the iPad for speech and language therapy. We have assembled a nice collection of apps and we are constantly on the look out for new ones.
Follow the links below to see which SLP iPad Apps we use for the following focus areas:
- Articulation iPad Apps
- Phonology iPad Apps
- Grammer / Syntax iPad Apps
- Vocabulary iPad Apps
- Questions iPad Apps
- Following Directions iPad Apps
- Audio Feedback iPad Apps
- Social Skills iPad Apps
- Sign Language iPad Apps
- Augmentative Communication iPad Apps
Here are the top 9 reasons to incorporate iPad Apps into your practice.
- iPads and apps are easy to use.
- Children of all ages and abilities (including children with autism and Down’s Syndrome) gravitate to iPads and intuitively know how to use them.
- The vivid animated images and captivating sounds on the iPad apps grab the attention of children who are often easily distracted.
- Apps are cost efficient for speech language therapy
- Many apps have free versions. which allows SLPs to try an app out with little risk.
- The low relative cost of apps compared to traditional tools allows a SLP to build an impressive library of speech therapy tools cost efficiently.
- See a cost comparison of iPad apps vs traditional materials. The cost savings is impressive.
- Parents can easily download the affordable apps on their own iPads or smart phones so they can extend the learning in their homes.
- iPads loaded with apps are easier to carry around from class room to class room or client to client compared to carrying multiple sets of flashcards, books and toys.
- Some apps allow therapists to track data that can be used for SOAP notes.
- Some apps have the ability to record the sounds, syllables, words and phases produced by a child.
- The immediate audio feedback is wonderful
- Saved recordings show improvement over time.
- There are specific iPad apps for many speech and language focus areas.
- Developers are constantly making new apps, so you will never run out of engaging material.
Why not 10 reasons? I left that blank so that you can add your reasons.
Disclosure – the links for the apps are on iTunes. Kidmunicate receives a small percentage of the purchase price. We use this money to fund the development of content on this site, content that we hope is helpful to parents and SLPs.