The reasons why a parent should use iPad Apps to help their children with speech and language.
- iPads and apps are easy to use.
- Children of all ages and abilities (including children with autism and Down’s Syndrome) gravitate to iPads and intuitively know how to use them.
- Children think that they are just playing. You know that they are learning too.
- The vivid animated images and captivating sounds on the iPad apps grab the attention of children who are often easily distracted.
- Apps are cost efficient for speech language therapy.
- Many apps have free versions which allow parents to try an app out with little risk. The links below are for free apps or inexpensive apps (under $5).
- Test the app out and if your child loves it and uses it, then buy the full featured app.
- Most SLP apps are available for tablets or smart phones.
- Tablets and mobile phones loaded with engaging apps are easier to carry to all the places you go with your child.
- It is much easier than carrying multiple books, toys and games around.
- There are specific iPad apps for many speech and language focus areas.
- Developers are constantly making new apps, so you will never run out of engaging material.
Caution – Work with your speech language pathologist on a game plan for using the apps at home. Your child needs to practice the correct way in order for the practice to be helpful.
– See more at: http://kidmunicate.com/ipad_apps_for_speech-and-language-therapy/#sthash.jxrVHrQ3.dpuf
Here is list of all of the apps we use and recommend to help children with social skills.
FREE Articulation iPad Apps
FREE Phonology iPad Apps
FREE Grammar and Syntax iPad Apps
FREE Vocabulary iPad Apps