The reasons why a parent should use iPad Apps to help their children with speech and language.
- iPads and apps are easy to use.
- Children of all ages and abilities (including children with autism and Down’s Syndrome) gravitate to iPads and intuitively know how to use them.
- Children think that they are just playing. You know that they are learning too.
- The vivid animated images and captivating sounds on the iPad apps grab the attention of children who are often easily distracted.
- Apps are cost efficient for speech language therapy.
- Many apps have free versions which allow parents to try an app out with little risk. The links below are for free apps or inexpensive apps (under $5).
- Test the app out and if your child loves it and uses it, then buy the full featured app.
- Most SLP apps are available for tablets or smart phones.
- Tablets and mobile phones loaded with engaging apps are easier to carry to all the places you go with your child.
- It is much easier than carrying multiple books, toys and games around.
- There are specific iPad apps for many speech and language focus areas.
- Developers are constantly making new apps, so you will never run out of engaging material.
Caution – Work with your speech language pathologist on a game plan for using the apps at home. Your child needs to practice the correct way in order for the practice to be helpful.
– See more at: https://kidmunicate.com/ipad_apps_for_speech-and-language-therapy/#sthash.jxrVHrQ3.dpuf
Here is list of all of the apps we use and recommend to help children with social skills.